Making A Complaint

The Saint John of God Housing Association aims to give an excellent service to our tenants. We want to know if we get things wrong or if tenants are unhappy with the service they have received from us.

The aim of the Tenant Complaints Policy is to set out how we will listen, respond and learn from problems and mistakes we may have made in order to provide a better service in the future.

Please note: A complaint is not a request for a service or an enquiry. 

How we identify a complaint

A complaint could be when a tenant feels that:

  • we have failed to respond to their initial enquiries;
  • our staff were unhelpful or not polite;
  • we have failed to meet one of our tenant service promises;
  • our policies / procedures are incorrect or unfair; or,
  • unhappy with our actions / decisions.
What we will do when we receive a complaint

When a tenant informs a member of our staff that they are unhappy with something, that staff member will take responsibility for responding. The tenant can tell us about their complaint:

  1. on the telephone by calling: 01 223 9138;
  2. by email to:
  3. in writing to: The Housing Officer, Saint John of God Housing Association clg, Gleann na hEorna, Tessa House, Block D, Springfield, Tallaght, Dublin 24
How we will learn from complaints:

A tenant complaint provides an opportunity for the Housing Association to learn about what or how we can improve our service. In order to do this, we will record and monitor every complaint including details such as what the complaint was about, how it was resolved, how quickly it was resolved and what we learnt. We will contact tenants after they have complained to find out about their experience of the process and we will seek to learn from this feedback and to change our processes and approach to reflect tenants’ views.

How we will make sure our complaints’ approach is fair and easy to access:

We will provide tenants with any support they need throughout their complaint. We will also provide, where necessary, a tenant advocate who will assist the tenant in preparing their complaint.

Please view: SJOG HA – Comment, Compliment & Complaints Policy & Procedures

To make a complaint, please send an email to and enter “Complaint” in the subject line.  Please include the following details:

  • Your name
  • Your email
  • Complaint details